Entrepreneurial coaching is meant for anyone wanting to build a dream business, sharpen their existing skills, learn new skills to manage their people and business efficiently, and so many other reasons.
I have been an entrepreneur for most of my working life. I did start out in corporate, but quickly become disenfranchised by the fluorescent lighting and weird hours (9 to 5…ugh). I’ve made my successes my own and have enjoyed the contrasts (some may call it failures) as I’ve learned, manipulated, dreamed and envisioned my work life to make it an extension of who I am on this planet. I know about the sometimes nightmare of being an entrepreneur. I also know that with planning, authenticity and engagement, any small business owner can create the life they want, no exceptions.
Here are some things to look for when you are hiring an entrepreneurial business coach.
- Are you willing to listen to your coach? Is your coach willing to listen to you? When engaged in a coaching session, be ready to focus your attention to the session and listen. Be receptive and ready to absorb ideas. Be ready to brainstorm with your coach so that your highest needs are being met.
- You gotta have good rapport with your coach. Basically, that means you must trust your coach. Before I hire you as one of my clients, be assured that we are going to have a long conversation first. Call it a ‘getting to know you’ session. You get to ask me questions and I do the same. If it’s a fit, we move on to signing a contract. If either of us feels uncomfortable, we send each other away with very best wishes. Simple.
- Does your coach ask empowering questions? Asking questions is the key to a successful training session. Without getting your questions clarified, you cannot proceed towards the next session. When the coach is asking you questions, they are helping you clarify what you want and what you are willing to do to get it. It also makes the session more interesting and fun!
- How about sincere feedback? Regular and honest feedback from your coach will help you to understand your strong points and simultaneously work out ways to modify your weaknesses. A coach will assist you in working with your best potential and your individual business and management skills and not be afraid to tell you when you need a bit of help.
- Is your coach funny? I am! Humor minimizes the burden of working with serious content, such as business building.
As a lifelong entrepreneur, I know that working on your business while working in your business can be grueling, leaving little energy for effective strategies for growth and development of your business. It doesn’t need to be that way. Work with me as your coach and I’ll make sure that, not only will you grow your business to exactly what you want, you will have a good time doing it and you will remain true to your value systems as you go.
Please understand that I’m not a consultant. I’m a coach. A consultant will advise you what changes you need to make to have your business be successful. I will not only advise you but will provide support and guidance so that you know the decisions you make will be the right ones for you. I’ll be at your side and I’ll hold you accountable for creating your own success.
How does working with me as your entrepreneurial coach work?
First, we have a conversation. Then, if you want, I’ll tell you about the program. Here are some ideas to get you thinking.
- The duration of small business coaching program will mainly depend on your business’ preferences and needs. As your coach, I’m here to teach you how to fish, not provide your food, so what you accomplish will be driven by the work you are willing to undertake.
- The primary goal of small business coaching is not only to help you find solutions to your existing business problems but also to help you learn how to effectively deal with overwhelming or tricky situations that may come up in the future, to get you out of your comfort zone and prepare you for success.
- We’ll examine your current state of sales, marketing and profitability. We’ll map out efficient systems and procedures.
- We’ll take a look at your bigger picture and help you overcome the barriers that are holding your back.
- We’ll develop new, innovative business ideas for you to implement and help you to make best use of your existing resources.
Want to learn more? Now is the time to schedule yourget your free discovery coaching session
Oh…and if you’ve got friends in the same boat, and you want to invest in an Entrepreneurial Group Coaching Program…I’m all for that. How much fun will that be? Priceless..but very affordable at the same time!