When I was coming up, there was a lot of negative energy and emotions in my household. I learned fear over love, lack over abundance, living in a box over opening my heart to learning and growth. I lived in a state of ‘what if’ …always looking at when the shoe was going to drop or this is too good to be true kind of thinking. I was tired, to tell you the truth and my heart was closed.
My thoughts were to run away…live by myself..stay away from relationship..keep life so simple so as not to make waves of any kind.
Not a happy place to be. But I knew I would get up each day and do what was expected of me to do. I knew I had the intelligence to make a life that seemed great on the surface to anyone looking in. And so..for many years, that’s what I did. Pretended that all was good. I put one foot in front of the other and moved through my days. Difficult…like I said…I was tired.
So I ask you now…What fear is holding you back? Where do you feel incapable? What daunting task can you complete, one step at a time?
Here are some steps that may help you move forward…one step at a time.
- Take risks. You never know if you don’t try. Ask yourself, what’s the worst that can happen? If it isn’t death…it’s growth of some kind.
- Be prepared. Do not live in fear. Crap happens. You don’t need to be paralyzed into inaction. Think…what do I want my life to be like? Then take small steps to make it happen
- Let go of ‘it’s got to be done right now.’ Life happens in the present moment. Simple
- Calm. Find a place in your home that gives you a sense of peace. Slow down..notice where the tension is in you body. Honor it and then let it go. Life happens in the moment, like I said.
- Participate in life. Oh God…please turn off the television….especially “reality TV.” Really? Take a walk, visit with a friend, bring yourself out of yourself and into someone else’s life and bring them joy.
- You are enough. Honor where you are today. Honor what you look like, how you feel and how you engage in this human space. Honor, love yourself and do better when you know better.
Maybe you have moved forward already. What steps did you take to get where you are now? Please comment below and let’s start the conversation!